At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
As a Principal Engineer you will have developed an expertise in a particular field of engineering or within a particular sector. You will have lead design teams through full product development and into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. You will consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet the requirements of Lead Design Engineer in your respective expertise
· Will represent Jabil Design Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
· Mentoring of all engineering staff
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Raise perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
· Should be associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations maintaining active membership and participation.
· Work with Site Directors to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies needed.
· Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
· Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
· Manage product design and documentation at a system level.
· Perform independent research and engineering studies.
· Lead remote development teams.
· Effectively consult on multiple projects in parallel.
· Develop IP Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Lead Engineer
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender indentity, age, disability, generic information, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.